Thursday 1 August 2013

Counting down...

What do you call an Aussie bloke living in the land of the Vikings? An Oz-king? A Vik-sie? You can call him anything you like as long as you bring a care package of true blue goodies with you when you visit. And that's exactly what AG and I plan to do when we fly out from Brisbane International Airport on Sunday night.

'Two Mums Go Viking' is the keenly anticipated sequel to 'Two Mums in a Merc' which was the blog that documented my ten week journey through the UK and Europe with my friend AG, back in 2011. This time we will be visiting my son in Copenhagen, the capital of Denmark, where he has been living and working since March. While two mums will be leaving on a jet plane on Sunday night, only one will be returning (for the time being) as AG plans on teaching in the UK once again. This will also be a good opportunity for her to see her daughter who has been living in London for several years.

So the first items to be packed are from the Ozking's request list - Vegemite, Tim Tams, Bushell's Tea, Barbecue Shapes and Bundy...but of course. I don't know what to expect of Danish cuisine, but I've heard rumours. Who knows? Upon my return next month, I may want to throw another jellied eel on the barbie. Who'll join me?

Farvel! 

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you're going to have loads of fun. Go Viking Mums, I'll be following you. Have a safe trip. Just as well the Oz-king doesn't have kids or like me you would be carting baby Bonds wear with you when you visit.

    ReplyDelete